What a great Sunday morning. I have a lot of thoughts going through my head, so I will attempt to focus.
- The new sound system was great, after all the bugs were worked out.
- The 8:30 service started without a sound check or a walk-through and the result was a little feedback and no volume for Jesse, until Zech came in and rescued us with a swap of mics.
- 9:40 service was better, there was more energy, and the sound was a little more consistent.
- 10:50 was slammed, and the energy was off the chart. The music was definitely rockin.
- Jesse led us in Pride In The Name Of Love, Say So, and Holy Is The Lord in the musical portion of worship.
- Julie led us in Wonderful Cross during the invitation for people to give their hearts to the Lord.
- There was a large response for people wanting to give their hearts to Jesus.
- The Cold Play song Fix You with clips from Passion of the Christ along with scriptures was moving, and it reminded us of the meaning of Easter.
- The permanent light installation will make things cleaner on the floor, and will make it easier in set up.
- Even with all the last minute rushing, technical difficulties, and hecticness (is that a word?) the whole morning was a walk in the park compared to Friday’s egg hunt.
- There were a ton of new faces in church. I hope to see them all back with a friend next week.