It was great for Marcela and me to hang out at our lunch table with Jesse, Reina, my mom and dad at the Capri this afternoon for the Life Pointe Membership Luncheon. Our church’s doctrinal beliefs were discussed, as was the membership covenant. Anyone wishing to join as a member was asked to commit to being a part of the church’s mission and to serve as a volunteer. Members at Life Pointe aren’t pew warmers! Our table at the luncheon talked about such enlightening subjects as Napoleon Dynamite, Dumb and Dumber, cell phone ringtones, and of course music! I was so tired that I think I drifted off while my brother was praying. It was such a good prayer, if he could have just prayed another 5 minutes I would have been totally out of it!
Daily Archives: April 20, 2008
- I arrived at the theater at 7:33 AM ready to get my bass hooked up. Everything in Pier 2 was ready to go.
- Chris is going to Twitter one of these days. I guarantee it! His response? “Es posible.”
- Music was awesome this morning, energy was high, Jesse was back in charge, and we had a great time.
- Alex played drums in the 9AM and Mike played in the 10:30.
- Jesse led us in Those Who Trust, Say So, Holy is the Lord, and for communion we sang Your Love is Extravagant.
- Travis shared about the latest on the Baptism at Bayfront, and his meeting with Miami-Dade Parks. I could feel a lot of solidarity from the stage to the seats. We have your back, too, Trav!
- A large civil defense firm contacted the church and is willing to represent us for free if we need to go down that route. All options are being weighed.
- Travis brought another message in the series “Simpy Jesus” and spoke about other religions views on where Jesus is. Apparently Jesus helped the Steelers win the Super Bowl a couple years ago.
- With references to celestial sex and the metaphysically challenged, Travis became the Dennis Miller of the church realm.
- More to come after the membership luncheon, I hope.