While I admit that I am a complete novice (if even that) when it comes to cars, even with my limited understanding I do have my preferences. I had to pull a little research and gather a few opinions, but this list is still my own.
1968 Plymouth Road Runner
1969 Dodge Charger
1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1
1966 Chevrolet Chevelle
5. 1971 Plymouth Hemi ‘Cuda. This car defines the genre: beefy, powerful, made for street racing without any mods. I would to feel the rush of being pinned to the seat while the pedal is pegged to the floor. Just don’t let Ralph Nader near this car or someone could get hurt.
4. 1967 Corvette. This is a seriously hot little muscle car. Some might say that this does not qualify technically as a muscle car due to its size, but others would say that it does fall in that group. The visual appeal to me is right there with the greatest cars of all time. I can only imagine what it would be like driving down the strip and completely eliminating the possibility of anonymity.
3. 1967 Shelby GT. Power! This car could blow anything off the road during its time, and even in years to come. You can be sure that this was not a gas efficient vehicle. But then again, none of the cars on my list are going to be mistaken for a Toyota Prius.
2. 1969 Camaro. Smokin! This had a great combination of beautiful lines, street appeal, and the muscle needed to compete with the other greats.
1. 1969 Mustang Boss 429. In my humble opinion, the 69 Boss 429 exceeds all others in this genre of cars. Serious power, acceleration, very appealing to the eye, and a current pricetag at the auctions that would break Donald Trump.