- Made it to the theater for Church by 7:33 AM, 3 minutes later than I was supposed to. Jesse, Bill, Mike, and Rebecca were there before me, along with the set up guys.
- Zech brought a friend today who is multi-talented in a big way. The kid is a “speed metal” banger on the drums, plays some mean electric lead, and also slaps the bass like a pro. I heard he also is pretty dern good on the keyboard too! I am looking forward to playing along side him in the future.
- In the first service, Ritz drummed, Bill was on the electric, Rebecca on the keys, Jesse lead from acoustic guitar, and I played bass. Kyle, Nyrian, Julie, and Reina sang back-up.
- The music today was fun to play. In the corporate worship, we sang “Better Days”, “Friend of God”, and “Enough” and for Communion we sang “God of Wonders”. For greeting Jesse led in “Where the Streets Have No Name” by U2. The worship was energetic and I could really sense that people were calling out for more of Jesus.
- After worship, Jesse introduced Paul with a very exciting introduction, to which Paul responded by calling him a “midget Santana who sings like Bono”.
- The Bumper video on the topic of anxiety featured Alex Santoyo, and was downright hilarious. The best part is Alex stating that he is tri-lingual and speaks Charlie Brown…”Wah wah wah”.
- Travis spoke on the funk of anxiety. It was very relevant to today’s lifestyle and issues.
- The youth also had another bake sale and Vic donated a Ken Dorsey autographed Miami Hurricanes helmet to help send kids to youth camp. Kudos to Vic for an item that will alone send more than 3 kids to youth camp!
For a different perspective on this morning’s service, be sure to check out:
Kelly’s Chick Kabob (Which will be updated shortly!)