This one will be short since I am a little lazy today.
- At 7:02 AM when I made it to the theater, there was already plenty of action in Pier 2. Zech, Josiah, Ritz, Jesse, and Alex were there tooling around and setting up.
- I am off caffeine for a while, so I had to fuel myself on decaf. I didn’t really notice the difference today.
- With the new holiday schedule, we have two services. One is at 9:00 AM, and the second at 10:30 AM.
- The music in the first service was a little off from a technical and aesthetic standpoint. It’s cool how God can move in spite of our lack.
- Mike was on the drums in the 9:00 and sang back up in the 10:30, Alex drummed in the 10:30, Jesse played the guitar in the second service only. Josiah did an excellent job on the electric in both services, I played keys, Reina was on lead vocals, and Julie and I covered the back up vocals.
- We sang “Every Day”, “We Are Hungry”, “I Could Sing of Your Love Forever”, and Julie led “Shout to the Lord” for communion.
- In the service, Travis went into details of LPC’s plan to raise $500,000 for global missions including a project in Cambodia through “Anthems for a Broken World”, an album by The Saturn Project. There is a possibility of $20,000 in matching funds to be donated for the project.
- The albums will be sold in bundles at churches, schools, and organizations and 100% of the proceeds will go to global missions.
For another perspective on the goings on at Life Pointe throughout the day, be sure to visit our many capable LPC bloggers. As of now, only Chris has posted his Sunday Morning Tossed Salad.