- Mayhem, madness, chaos, and pandemonium could have been the words to describe the technical aspects of today’s service, the last before the new year begins. I say could have because those words do not describe the service this morning because of the excellent work of Mike, Alex, Jesse, and Ritz.
- The lights, sound system, and other technical equipment were out of whack before service started, but Alex, Mike, and Ritz jumped on it and fixed the situation.
- We were short on microphones because Zech had a problem getting to church today while we all thought Zech had the equipment with him. Alex decided to mic the bass drum, and provide Jesse and Reina with mics. We had to scrap “It Is You” and replace it with another song.
- Mike B was on the drums, Jesse on rhythm guitar, and I was on bass, while Jesse led vocals and Reina sang back up.
- We sang “Point of Difference”, “Say So”, “Holy is the Lord”, and “Mighty To Save”. For the meet/greet, Jesse did his best Darius Rucker impression while singing “Time” to welcome the new year. It was pretty cool, except at the end we didn’t really get it down in either service. De-d-deh deh.
- During the message, Travis reminded us of some of the memories over the past year that were interesting, funny, touching, exciting, and wonderful. Overall, it was just a great Sunday morning.
- It was also cool to have some of my cousins in the second service and to go to lunch with them. That was a treat.
For another persepective on the Sunday morning at Life Pointe in Homestead, be sure to check out these quality bloggers and their Sunday wraps when they’re posted:
Chris Day gives his Sunday Morning Tossed Salad
Ritz writes a Goosfaba
Trav has a Wrap Up
Kelly makes a Chick Kabob
Jesse sometimes writes From the Stage