-Tonight I made the trek to Tavernier for the evening service at LPC Plantation Key.
-The atmosphere is a little different since there is no big set up/break down before and after service.
-The music was great! Mike led worship tonight with Julio on the rhythm, Bill on lead electric, Mike’s fiancé played drums and I played bass.
-The set was “For Who You Are”, “Beautiful One”, “Here I Am to Worship”, and for communion Mike led in a beautiful rendition of the old hymn “Jesus Paid It All”. I really loved it!
-Trav once again spoke on Finney in his message series entitled “Dead White Men”. He listed some of Finney’s impacts and innovations which still effect the modern church.
-Finney was not educated as a minister, but he followed God’s call.
-One last note. The family at LPC Plantation Key really seems to be coming together and forming a strong bond that is going to change the Florida Keys! It’s something that is going to be special to witness.
- I am keeping it pretty brief today, since I will be heading out to Plantation Key in about an hour.
- I got to the theater this morning at about 7 AM on the nose. We needed to make a run down/quick rehearsal of the music set as a follow up to Thursday’s practice.
- I played drums for the first time in a worship service in about 2 years, I think. Jesse was out finishing up his Anthems project in Atlanta. Bill Finch was on bass, Josiah was on electric and played rhythm, and Robert R played rhythm and lead on the Les Paul.
- Music had a bit of a classic rock feel this morning. It was right up my alley.
- We sang “Friend of God”, “Open the Eyes of my Heart”, “Amazing Love”, and for communion Julie led “Here I am to Worship”.
- We had a throwback to 1985 for meet and greet as Robert rocked the house Rod Stewart/Jeff Beck style to “People Get Ready“. It was rockin.
For more information on service at LPC, be sure to check out our other bloggers…
Ritz, Pastor Trav, Kelly, and The Major (Chris) all have a Sunday Life Pointe wrap feature.