- What a great day at the theater as Life Pointe came together to corporately worship and be with each other.
- Luckily, we had plenty of extra people at work this morning, so I was able to go home without any penalty. I know there were several who wanted to go to set up their Super Bowl parties, but this is only the second time I have gone home.
- As for our corporate gathering, we had a great time in both the 9:00 and 10:30 services.
- Travis kicked off the New Testament Challenge series, which will run through March 22. The mission is to read through the New Testament in the next 60 days while we study what Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Paul and Peter had to say about the revolutionary man who is God, Jesus.
- In music, Jesse led one song (Say So) and played rhythm guitar for his tune and lead for the rest, and Matt on the rhythm guitar led “Grace Like Rain” and for communion “Come Thou Fount/Amazing Grace”, and “Nothing but the Blood”. Alex was on the drums, I played keys, and Bill played bass. On back up was Julie and Reina.
- Come Thou Fount was so cool, and you could feel God’s presence as people really expressed their worship. It was pretty cool to take a hymn and put a modern feel to it. The percussion was solid and Matt did an awesome job singing and leading.
- For “Meet and Greet”, Jesse and Matt sang DMB’s Maker with Alex kickin it on the drums.
- It was sweet just letting loose and jamming after church with Alex on the drums, Matt on the bass, and I was playing with the keys. Matt and Alex rocked, but I thought Alex showed off a little (he’s good enough). Then Jesse started playing some Latin thing on the piano, Matt and Alex jumped in and it was pretty cool.