- This morning was week 2 of the New Testament Challenge.
- I guess I set my alarm wrong because it did not go off this morning at 6 AM. I woke up at 6:50 needing to be at the church theater by 7:00. I rushed and got there by 7:20 on the nose.
- We changed up our worship set this morning because Diego was sick and the plans were for Reina to lead this morning. Jesse took over instead.
- July sang back up, Alex was the beat machine and did an excellent job as usual. Matt played bass, Jesse on the rhythm, Josiah played rhythm and lead, and I played the keys. It was nice to have the Roland FP2 back this
- We sang Always Greater, I Could Sing of Your Love Forever and Better Days with Healer for the communion led by Julie. Honestly, the music sounded great this morning. For “halftime”, Alex kicked a seriously funky beat and Matt played a bassline that Alex wrote. They drew an ovation for their efforts. One family was heard saying “the music was jamming!” as they exited the theater.
- Travis had some great nuggets of wisdom this morning as he spoke about the difference between judgment and being judgmental. Remember that the same manner you judge others, you will be held to that standard.
- His story about road rage was classic. He also had some corny lines about Ah-nold in The Terminator. He wondered why he always wanted to be Bach and not Beethoven “I’ll Be Back”.
For another perspective on this morning at LPC, be sure to visit: