- My Talk Soup posts are typically focused on the musical portion of our corporate worship service.
- This morning’s music was as good as it has ever been, in my opinion.
- Joe and Jesse led worship this morning, Julie, Reina, and Curtis (a new addition) sang back up.
- Josiah played the electric twanger, Jesse played rhythm on the acoustic, Matt played bass, Alex totally kicked tail on the drums, and I played the Roland FP2 keyboard.
- We opened with Point of Difference, next was Friend of God, then Holy is the Lord. For communion and after the message, we sang a new song, Beautiful by Phil Wickham.
- Mike spoke on perseverance in the 9 AM service. He did a great job.
- In the 10:30 service we had Fred Garmond as a guest speaker. He helped explain the Anthems project and what will be accomplished in Cambodia.
- His testimony was memorable. I loved the way he spoke of himself in the third person. Since it was my first time hearing the testimony, I didn’t really know who he was talking about at first. Then as he started talking about the young man in the testimony being the first to get a Masters of Divinity from the COG Theological Seminary, and then a Doctorate from Regent University, I was able to put 2 and 2 together.
For another perspective on LPC and the Sunday happenings, be sure to visit the other LPC bloggers:
maybe even Jesse.