And now for some personal venting… brace yourself.
- “Sick” is going around bigtime in the Johnson kingdom. I was diagnosed two days ago with sinusitis and was given antibiotics. I have had it since Friday when I went to my job’s site medical to get some cold medicine. I had fever, chills, headache, body ache, and sore throat. I stuck it out at work though, but it turned out to NOT be a cold. I also had pink eye (which is now cured thanks to my sulfur eye drops.
- Marcela was diagnosed with the same sinusitis a couple weeks ago, and then she got sick in her digestive system the day before yesterday. She has been coughing hardcore for the past two weeks. The cough that we now both have is driving us both NUTS. I feel like I am going insane. 😦 My little Marcela said the same thing. Prescription cough medicine is doing very little to help.
- Whatever stomach problem she had, I now have. I went to work this morning at 5 AM, and left fatigued due to coughing all night and doing other things all night. I RARELY miss work. I can endure a cold, but stomach problems really get me.
- I went to bed at 9:30 PM and when I got out of bed at 4 AM, my dinner from the night before was still in my throat. I have been asleep all day trying to let it go. Thank you Lord, I am feeling quite a bit better right now.
- Kelly and Kourtney were sick all day Tuesday, and now McKenna is sick with the same stomach problems. My dad called out of work today with stomach problems, and I just found that out when my mom (who is also sick with the stomach problems) came by my house to bring me Emetrol. WHAT’S GOING ON?!?!
Now that I have that off my chest I can get on to my thoughts…
- 2 major disasters have struck Asia in the last week.
- Between 100,000 and 250,000 are dead in Burma due to a cyclone and flooding, with more death on its way due to the communist/military regime that will not allow outsiders in to help.
- China’s Sichuan Province was hit with a magnitude 7.9 earthquake and more than 15,000 are already dead. Government officials (who are only a little more open than the Burmese Junta) estimate that about 20,000 more are buried under the ruins of their homes, schools, and businesses. I have seen some of the video of the actual earthquake and it is unbelievable. The pictures and videos of the rescue and recovery are heartbreaking. Lord help them.
- Breakfast with Trav and Chris on Tuesday was great. We talked about blogging and expand our internet empires. Chris is trying to say that he is subsidizing my web traffic with his blog. LOL I still can’t get him to enter the Twitter world yet, but I am working on it. But I did get some hints on how to increase traffic. I found out that Saturday is usually the slowest traffic day for Trav and Chris. I guess due to my top 5 it is a little bit of a boost for my Saturdays.
- I just bought a Wii entertainment system, and it was delivered today. Unfortunately, I am too sick to even open it up. But if anyone is interested in getting a beat down in boxing, or whipped in tennis, or something like that, let me know and we will arrange for it to happen. This weekend I will open the box and set it up.
- I’m going to get my stuff together and go to the production and music meeting today at the church office. If you are there, forgive me in advance for looking like garbage.