While we were in the Cayman Islands on the way to snorkel the barrier reef, our bus driver showed us how talented he was. Safety first! LOL
Tag Archives: funny
Hold on to your Yorkies!
Friday’s Greatest Hits is an entry which focuses on some of the week’s best reading in my list. Swing on by and check out what these guys and girls have to say.
- This was my favorite post and video of the week. Kelly shows what the stay-at-home mom does all day. No, they don’t sit around all day watching soap operas and eating bon bons.
- Pastor Trav Wraps Up this past Sunday at Life Pointe including a picture of his unshaven mug.
- The Ritz documents his “fight” with Jesse.
- Palm Isle has been inundated with some pesky biting bugs, aka the Official Bird of Homestead. So Kelly and her community band together to kill skeeters!
- Jesse projects what he is going to look like as a gray-haired old guy.
- David Corrado gives his Sunday run down. This guy needs to blog more!
- The Major opens up his Grab Bag in San Antonio, Texas, and it’s full of thoughts. My favorite was point 3 about the billboard saying “Your Wife Is Hot! (Better get that AC fixed.)
- Bill Finch entered his 3rd installment of “I (heart) Homestead” writing about Good Hope Equestrian Training Center. This was my second favorite blog entry of the week and it was just beautiful!
- My buddy from college posts an interesting thought about distance and time. Mike’s always good for some sarcasm.
- This video from Sunday’s “Got Funk” was pretty darn funny. Thanks to LPC staff (Jesse I presume) for putting in online!
These songs make me laugh, smile, and sing along. So here are my top 5 funny songs.
5. Keep Your Hands To Yourself – The Georgia Satellites. It’s a funny song with a good message and an annoyingly catchy tune that I have found myself humming a time or two. A little bit Country and a little bit Rock and Roll.
4. You Be Illin – Run DMC. In the Golden Era of Rap, when all the most popular rappers were happy and talking about shoes, clothes, cars, or their girlfriend, this song was the jam back!
3. Cotton Eye Jo – Red Nex. This song doubles for funny and annoying and could easily have made the list a few weeks ago. In any case, hillbilly square dance meets house music in this totally off-the-wall song.
2. White and Nerdy – Wierd Al Yankovic. This parody of a popular rap tune “Riding Dirty” by Chamillionaire is almost too true, in my case. Wierd Al had a lot of hilarious parodies and originals that would be a good fit for this list, but the message in this song is just too legit to quit.
1.This song made #1 partly because of its history in my house, growing up in the church, partly because my dad’s love for this guy’s music rubbed off on me, and mostly because it is just hilarious. The video makes it even funnier. So here is the choir of the Pascagula First Self Righteous Church backing Ray Stevens singing “The Mississippi Squirrel Revival”.
I had to stretch myself a little so that I didn’t pick only Ray Stevens and Wierd Al songs. Nobody writes a better parody song than Wierd Al and nobody writes songs about humorous southern culture better than Ray Stevens. Rap and Country music are apparently very funny to me.