- I woke up this morning at 5:50 AM on my day off: the phone was ringing. My work was calling to find out if I wanted to come in to work. Not today!
- I was expecting the call to be from Dave to make sure I was up and ready to go for a day of lobstering. Dave called at 6:30 AM to let me know he was heading out of the plant.
- I was glad that Dave would take the time to go out there with me, since Trav ditched me to visit the family in Louisiana. 🙂
- We loaded up the car, grabbed a couple of Jolt Ultra’s and a cooler of ice, and headed to Card Sound road.
- We had a great time, but after about 2 1/2 hours in the water, we caught only 1 lobster (short) and found about 5 large lobster carcasses. We did see one stone crab, quite a few large snook, some mangrove and schoolmaster snapper, a couple shark, and even some drum. No keeper lobster though.
- A couple of guys in a nice Angler 204 with fishing rods came over to see how we were doing, and they ID’d themselves as FWC. I guess they were undercover. They couldn’t believe we were not from a boat, considering that we were quite a way from the bridge. After they saw that we had our flag, our gages, and we were in the legal side, they wished us good luck and went on their way.
- Dave is a maniac, the guy was climbing up in the mangrove roots. I kept getting tangled in the dive flag line and my legs got a little itchy from what I think were jellyfish. I will go back in a few days to do some snapper fishing and try again for some lobster (August 6 is the regular season opener).
- Due to my wheeling and dealing at work, I now have to work 4 straight to make up for my miniseason time off.
- Tonight, Dave and his family are coming over for some chicken and burgers on the Q. I think we will play the Wii too.
- I spent some good times this week watching movies and going to the mall with Marcela. I still didn’t get to see Hancock yet. Maybe Tuesday.
- The blogroll/links section of the blog have been updated. Also, I have created a “Top 5” page to make it easier to find all of my Top 5 lists.
- Tomorrow, I will unveil a new weekly feature. It will be a fun one.
- On a different note, the economy grew at 1.9% in the last quarter, oil prices are dropping faster than ever in history, and faster than they grew. But if you watch the news, you would swear we are in a recession.
- The violence against our troops is at an all time low in Iraq, but you hear absolutely nothing positive in the news. Apparently the mainstream news outlets do not report good things, especially if they reflect positively on Bush administration or the Republican party.
Tag Archives: iraq
Here is something you won’t see on the mainstream news (CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC). For some reason, US success in Iraq and Pakistan/Afghanistan is not reported on balance but the American deaths, setbacks and struggles are reported at every turn. The news media was also very reluctant to admit that the surge was having positive effect.
The article warns against complacency. It also states that Iran is aiding the militants with weapons, training, and people. But on the whole, we are really kicking some hind parts over there.