Minnie is about one fifth of Max’s size, but she can stand up for herself pretty good.
Tag Archives: Maximus
Christmas day is almost here so Marcela and I wanted to get a Christmas picture of jolly ole St. Max for the blog today, especially for Ela. Marcela had a little flashing hat. The funny thing is that he didn’t even try to take the hat off.
Aside: The pictures are taken with my new Curve, which for some reason takes better pictures than the old one.
Last night, I snapped off these pictures of Max. Marcela bathed him and gave him a good brushing so he’s a little fluff ball here.
You can see that Max is getting bigger.
Every time I post a picture or a new video of Maximus minimus, you can see his puppiness disappearing and his dogginess growing. In the video, Max had been fetching for about 20 minutes, so I ran in to get a camera. By the time I got out, all he wanted to do was chill out in the shade. It was sunny and a little warm. Maltese don’t look so cute and cuddly when they are muddy.
Here are a couple of pictures to show how much the little guy is growing.
When Ela requests something, you better snap to it! Seriously, Max is a funny little fella. I came home today and he had been tucked away in his day crate which gives him enough room to play a little, eat, and do his business on a puppy pad. But he it’s still a cage, so it’s not like he has room to run. I let him out and he ran to the door barking at me to open the door so he could get outside. After I let him out to the park in front of my house off the leash, he goes to take care of his duties, and runs around in the park chasing leaves anything else that moves. A fella walks by with his Spitz on a leash and of course, Max does not meet a stranger be it human or animal. He loves to meet other dogs especially. So he runs to “Brutus”, the Spitz, and tries to play with him. All the while, Brutus is looking at him like he’s crazy. He takes off running circles around the guy with his dog and I am yelling at him to stop and Brutus is chasing Max in circles wrapping his master up in the leash. Anyway, I met the guy and talked for a while about the association, dogs, the economy, and internet services that are now available. He really liked Max though, and I apologized for not having Max leashed and causing the trouble. He was really cool about it. If only people were like that, friendly with each other that is, not the running circles and playing with each other. 🙂
- What can be said about living in South Florida this time of the year? The weather is absolutely beautiful, the sun is bright, the air is fresh, and the temperature is perfect. I love it.
- With all the talk we have had over the past few years about man made global warming and increased hurricane activity, we have now had two years of extremely low hurricane activity in the northern hemisphere, the lowest in 30 years. We have also had record low temps for this time of the year all over the globe, and even in our back yard.
- My washer kicked the bucket. Brandsmart USA has to send someone out to fix it. I hardly ever buy the extended warantee on my appliances and electronics, but that was one item I decided it would be a good idea to purchase it for. It’s covered.
- There are some great opportunities that may be coming open for me soon. It would have an effect on my schedule, which should mean that I can be at church every weekend. I pray that it works out.
- Tonight I have to be at work and I don’t get back until the weeeeeeeee hours of the morning.
- Maximus is a funny little guy. We still have not decided when we are going to have him clipped, but he is a big fluffy ball of soft hair. He doesn’t really run, but he sort of hops around like a rabbit. Every now and then, he gets a big burst of energy and just takes off through the house weaving through all the furniture in and out of all the rooms downstairs.
- I went to Lou’s this past weekend and picked up a new Glock, and I think I am going to get a Mossberg 500 next week. That should be enough for a while.
- The Hurricanes are playing some decent football now, and so are the Dolphins. There is some real talk of the Dolphins making a run at the playoffs which would have seemed impossible last year. At 4-4, they are favored to win again this week. So far they have been beating the best teams on the schedule and losing to the worst. The Canes are looking at the possibility of a decent bowl game, maybe a run at the conference championship. It did not even look possible after losing two conference games. But the ACC does not have a dominant team, and they don’t exactly have a doormat either. Any team could beat another any week, it seems. That leaves for a competitive race.
- The Citizen Cane fantasy football squad has a tough game this week. As of now, I am projected to win by one point. We shall see.
- My property taxes in Homestead have gone up considerably. The state passes a doubling of the homestead exemption, and Homestead passed a tax increase because they know we are paying less. That’s just lousy.
- I really enjoyed service down in the Keys on Sunday. I’m sorry I won’t get to be at the launch, but I will be there in a week from Sunday. It’s not exactly the theater, but it is a blast. It was cool hanging out after church and looking at the football scores. See you in a week and a half!
There was a request for pictures of Max. Though he is Marcela’s dog, I have to admit that I like the little guy. He’s not going to be big enough to really protect Marcela, unless she’s attacked by a mouse, but he likes to play and lay on you and sleep. That’s good enough.