I don’t really have any great topic to post about today, but I do have a couple of thoughts.
#1. I usually don’t post too much anymore about blog traffic, but there were some interesting things to note. For the last several weeks, I have had very consistently high blog traffic for me, about 14 straight days of 120-170 hits per day. Friday traffic was about 200 hits, then yesterday the traffic dropped way off to about 80 hits. I guess people are still mad at me because I said I hate the Chipmunks Christmas Song. Still, I haven’t reached the blog traffic of a couple months back when I was at about 200-400 hits in a given day. Either way, for me it was the longest period of +100/day traffic. Much of it is because of my Top 5 Terriers post which is receiving about 40 hits a day and will soon become the all time most accessed blog post surpassing the Top 5 Most Annoying Songs.
#2. I fell for a Black Friday sale and bought a full suspension fork mountain bike with disk brakes; it’s a K2 Sidewinder. I don’t know a whole lot about the brand or the model since there isn’t much info on the net about this bike. It’s on the heavy side due to the cheaper components and features which are really made to take over some rough terrain and maybe even a little off trail downhill. And it’s an affordable entry model of a bike for someone who wants a full suspension fork. I’ve been riding it back and forth to Trav‘s and my mom and dad’s place and it’s been great to be out riding a bike again. Now I’m inspired to get my old Technium Road Bike tuned up since it is a little more appropriate for the paved terrain between our houses. Trav‘s bike has a trailer attachment that he puts his kids in and we’ve gone riding together. It’s fun to hear Kourtney and McKenna singing Frosty the Snowman while we’re pedaling away. Getting even a little burn in my thighs has been good too. It helps me walk the stairs here at work.
I wish I could be at LPC today, but I need to make a little $ to pay the bills. See you next weekend at church.
- As of last Friday, it is Christmas season. I always consider the Christmas season starting as soon as Thanksgiving day is over.
- Marcela has already packaged and wrapped presents and put up a couple Christmas trees. Max even had a Santa hat on last night. He didn’t like it very much.
- I finished the last of the leftover Thanksgiving turkey today. I made turkey salad and in the words of cousin Eddy, “it was gooo-ooood.”
- We watched Rudolph the Red-Nosed Raindeer clay-mation show two nights ago. We plan on watching Santa Claus is Coming to Town this weekend. Those are two of my favorite Christmas specials.
- My all time favorite Christmas movies are:
- It’s a Wonderful Life
- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
- A Christmas Story (what kid wouldn’t want a Red Rider BB Gun?)
- Home Alone
- Sean Avery of the NHL’s Dallas Stars was suspended indefinitely for calling his ex-girlfriend Elisha Cuthbert of 24 his “sloppy seconds” because she is now dating another NHL player. Many people are crying “FREE SPEECH VIOLATION!” For those who are constitutionally challenged, this is no 1st Amendment violation.
- While I do not agree with a harsh suspension due to the lack of even-handedness across the NHL to players who have said much worse, it is the discretion of the NHL to determine what language reflects poorly on them concerning his player conduct clause in his $15.5 million 4-year contract. The Standard Player Contract he signed specifically states that his conduct reflects on the NHL on and off the rink and “must be held to the highest standard of honesty, morality, fair play, and sportsmanship, and to refrain from conduct detrimental to the best interest of the Club, the League or professional hockey.”
- My disagreement is not that the NHL does not have the right to do such, but that they are coming down hard on this idiot for insulting his Ex while they have done little more than a slap on the wrist for some players who have made racist comments, physically attacked players on the ice unprovoked, and have committed felonies off the rink. The NHL got this one wrong, but so did Avery. Maybe he will learn to keep his mouth shut.
- I got my Curve in the mail yesterday. It is set up and running smoothly. My old BlackBerry has been spotty, signal was degrading, camera stopped working, and battery was fading. I had about 5 days left on my Warranty when I called to see about a new phone. That saved me hundreds of dollars.
- Originally, I had the charcoal colored Curve, and they sent me the red Curve in the mail. I like the red one better!
- Our fantasy football league is winding down with one more regular season game followed by the two game playoffs. Right now, Mark Similey and I are the only two who have wrapped up our playoff spot. Ritz, after starting 6-1 has lost 4 of his last 5 and really needs to win his last game to make the playoffs. Jesse who also started 6-1 has lost 4 of his last 5 and needs to win this week to ensure that he makes the playoffs.
- This has been a super competitive league. 3 teams are stilly vying for 2 playoff spots in the final week. No teams had clinched until the second to last week of the season. I have never seen a league with so much parity. I have also only been in a league one other time with Trav when he did not make the playoffs. That was the year that the commish cheated and we both set the earth on fire before being kicked out of the league.
- Marcela and I purchased bicycles on Black Friday. I got a cool little mountain bike for all the mountains here in FL, and Marcela got a multi-speed hybrid.
- I have to go, Max just did something bad!
Filed under Blogging, communications, fantasy football, FL, food, football, games, Max, movies, NFL, Pets, sports, technology, thoughts