- It’s raining, it’s pouring! I love it when it rains at work. It cools down the power block considerably.
- The 08 Miami Hurricanes Baseball squad has to go down in our history as a big disappointment. I am a big fan, but I have to admit with this much talent we should have gone further. The two teams who beat us were not supposed to go as far as they did. The Canes had the most talent, the most high draft choices, most wins, and fewest losses in the country.
- I had a great time fishing in Boynton Beach on Monday. Read about my first kingfish.
- I wouldn’t mind heading back up there, but we need 5 people on the boat to make it really cheap.
- I found myself rooting for a team in the finals that I don’t like (the Celtics) because they were playing a team that I like even less (I hate the Lakers).
- Why are there so many Super Hero movies out these days? Spiderman, Batman, Superman, X Men, The Hulk, Ironman, and the list goes on and on! Is it because people need something to believe in but they are avoiding God?
- The doldrums of the sports world are officially here. The NBA finals are the last ray of sunshine before the reality of the bleak sports winter sets in. Sometimes we have the CWS to look to, but the Canes screwed that one up. There will be nothing exciting going on until the college football season kicks off.
- I will be working this weekend, so I won’t be at church. That is one of the bummers of working where I do. Working night shift allows me to be at church every week, but working days lets me spend the whole Sunday that I am at church fully awake.
- Blog traffic has been up bigtime over the past week. I am going to post my State of the Blog Address shortly.
- I believe it is going to level off and die back again now that the NBA finals are finished. You won’t believe how many hits my post about Red Auerbach vs Phil Jackson brought in.
- It’s cool to see how many people from LPC are joining the Blogosphere. Especially Billy-barue.
- I’m going to try and attend the Life Pointe 2.0 Seminar. Great idea Trav!
- Last night was my first night at Paul’s life group. We had a great time talking about loving God and loving each other. Joey facilitated and did a great job, although we didn’t quite have enough time to finish. The meatballs were good too.
- Marcela said she will be presenting the Talk Soup this weekend. I am looking forward to that.
Tag Archives: rain
We had it all planned out. We would see the Blue Horizons Dolphin Show, then ride the Kraken, then see Shamu, then the sharks, and then this that and the other. Unfortunately, we found out you should be in the seats about 30 or more minutes early to see the shows or they reach capacity. So we did get to see the Dolphin shown the penguin and shark encountersn Marcela fed the stingrays and the Dolphins, we saw the polar bears, baluga whales, and walruses, and we rode the Kraken twice. Then it starts storming bigtime and we found our plans to take as little into the park as we needed was a bad plan. Our ponchos are in the car!
The Shamu show is cancelled (boooo!) and we are sitting in the floor of the deli trying to wait out the storm with a few hundred others. The dolphin show was a blast and much better than Seaquarium. We got to see almost everything we wanted except Shamu, but I sure wish it would stop raining.