Marcela and I are heading down to the doc. She has a blood test, and I need something for this cough/fever. I’m worried that I got her sick. She now has a fever and a sore throat. Hopefully we can get over this quickly. I rarely call out of work, but today was an exception considering I barely made it through yesterday with chills, body aches, and a cough. Later.
Tag Archives: sick
Poor Max had his first sick day. We noticed Saturday night that he was especially mellow, content just to lay there and chill out most of the evening. Then when I woke for work on Sunday morning (4 AM), he did not let me know that I was supposed to take him outside like he normally does. I took him outside anyway. As I get ready every morning, he has his chance to get a drink and eat a little food. He drank a little, but did not eat. As some of you know, I went home around 5:45 AM since they were overstaffed at work. When I got home, Max was asleep upstairs and didn’t really show interest in getting up like he normally does.
After church, it was clear that he was not feeling his best because he hid in the corner of the front entrance area behind a plant and slept there. At one point we were looking all over the house for him and he was nowhere to be found (he was tucked away hiding in a corner asleep). By the time the Super Bowl rolled around, he felt very warm and was shivering. Marcela tried to get him to drink but he wouldn’t. He would get up every 30 seconds or so and re-situate himself, but he seemed confused and was looking back and forth with the saddest eyes. Eventually, I got a turkey baster and filled it with water, held his mouth open and put the water in there and he drank quite a bit. For the next hour or two he steadily got better.
By bed time around 10 PM, a noise outside woke him and he growled and barked for the first time all day, and he woke up and found a paper towel on the coffee table. He took off with it, tore it up, and then we knew he was feeling a lot better. The short of it is that we never found out what was wrong with him, but he’s back to his normal mischievous self now.
- I have the day off today. Marcela and I made a list of things to do for today so I will make it productive unlike Monday.
- Monday I had the day off and wasted it sleeping and watching TV. I felt so guilty, and I didn’t even really enjoy it.
- I have reached a different thought process in my life, totally different than about 4 years ago and before. I hate sleeping, I hate wasting a day, I hate being couped up in my house. I want to get out and do something whether it is productive or not. I just don’t like to waste time sleeping.
- Today I will pay bills, visit the bank, get a haircut, do some grocery shopping, and one or two other things outside the realm.
- I have a cold or something. It’s some fever (I think it’s broken now), headache, sore throat, cough, stuffy head, and a little fatigue. I actually hope it’s a cold, that way I know it will be gone in a day or two.
- Orlando finally took one. They have to take one in Detroit to have a shot. If not, Detroit will most likely be up against Boston for the East finals.
- Kobe was awarded the league MVP, and LA won their 6th straight. He’s predicting that LA will be playing into June. I can’t really disagree with him at this point.
- San Antonio is in deep. They are going to need to do something really special to make it out of the semi’s against the Hornets. I am a true Heat fan, but my second team is the Spurs (if you are allowed to do that). I’ve been a big fan since the early days of the Admiral David Robinson. But Tim Duncan and Toni Parker are just class acts. We will see if they have the stuff to pull this one out.
- I got a pat on the back at work and some certificates to the cafeteria for going to night shift for three weeks. THANKS! I feel so special.
- I’m still tweeting. Chris, what’s up? Are you coming or not?
- I’ve been listening to Dave Matthews Band quite a bit lately. Groovy.
- Hillary is not going to quit until someone has the necessary votes even though the pundits say it’s over.
- It’s kind of funny to me to see the party of Al Gore and the FL recount, the party of all the fuss about one man one vote, and the party which claimed that they are against the disenfranchising of thousands of voters to turn around and disenfranchise HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of voters in Michigan and Florida.
- Someone needs to remind the DEMOCRATS that they are supposedly the party of DEMOCRACY. The super delegate system is not democratic. It is completely elitist.
- The Democrat candidate is going to be determined by party officials and elite party members, not the rank and file Democrats who voted in the primaries.