- I am just about in full swing politically now, having followed the true story of the Beijing Olympics, and now watching the Democrats in Denver. Things will be getting interesting… for me anyway.
- Last night, I watched old Slick Willy AKA President Clinton light up the crowd in Denver. His speech stated that he would be supporting Obama, but I missed any details (other than that he is a Democrat) why anyone else should vote FOR Obama. I heard exactly what I expected to hear. “When I was president, everything was great, the country was great, the economy was great, the world loved us” etc. What I didn’t hear was,”Obama is the best man for the job because _____________________.” You will have to fill in the blank, because I don’t think “community organizer” or law professor is a good enough reason.
- Biden’s speech was pretty good, but I did feel that it went from a heart warming piece into an attempt to paint John McCain as a poor choice. Unfortunately, when Biden or any Democrat starts talking foreign affairs in a dangerous world, people start to think long and hard about who they want as commander in chief. When he mentioned Russia/Georgia, the crowd died. Fair or unfair, Democrats are not perceived as being strong enough to lead us in the world when there are rough times.
- Biden’s speech didn’t connect with the crowd, certainly not the way Bill Clinton’s did. At this point, Obama’s bounce shouldn’t be astronomical, though I assure you he will get a bounce. John McCain should announce sometime tomorrow around 11 AM who he has selected for VP. My dad is predicting Romney.
- On to other stuff. Tonight is the opening game of the season for the Hurricanes. You will see me up at Joe Robbie…. er, Dolphin Stadium to watch the Canes get a little practice in against Charleston Southern. If we make 10 wins this year, it will be extremely successful. It’s sad how expectations have fallen recently.
- It’s lobster season and I am still trying to get out. Monday night looks really good! Snook season starts that night too, so maybe we can grab a slot and some bugs.
- I called the park ranger to ask how many bug we get, and when he said 60 each person I was ecstatic. Then I realized he said “six to each person” and I was back to reality. 🙂 That was for Brian, if he is reading.
- If you are interested in politics and especially from the point of view of a great American young man who is in living in exile from Cuba, check out Roberto Reports. He has some good things to say and just recently started blogging.
- Things are going to be changing up at LPC soon! As of September 14, we will be going to 3 services on Sunday morning: 8:30 AM, 9:45 AM, and 11:00 AM all in the same Pier 2 at Flagship Cinemas at the Campbell Drive exit of Florida’s Turnpike. I will be at all three, but I will see you guys at the 8:30, right? 🙂
- O’course I will be working this week, so I won’t get to be at the theater Sunday morning. But, I will see you next weekend, I garooooontee!
Tag Archives: snook
Last night, I went out to Card Sound to tool around, try to catch some snapper, and maybe even a couple sharks. I gotta say, Dave V is a maniac! It’s almost midnight, and we are in a canoe buzzing around through the mangroves with a couple of lights, life jackets, a cooler, tackle boxes and fishing poles. We stayed in the canoe for about 20 minutes. LOL I am brave, SOMETIMES, but when we almost tipped and I started thinking about losing my cell, wallet, tackle, etc, and then I would have had to swim to a shallow enough area to flip the boat back over and all the hassle that would take, I just told Dave, lets head back in and hit a couple of bridges. The fish were there, though. We had a large snook, tarpon, or cuda feeding right beside the canoe at one point. It was pretty big too. Anyway, we ended up catching a schoolmaster and mangrove snapper, waded around scoping an area out for some more lobster (I did grab a big one, but it took off) for regular season that opens in a couple days, and we had a great time. Oh yea, a large shrimp jumped in the boat, too. I will not be heading out in the middle of the night any time soon in a canoe for shark, but maybe I will give it a try during the day.