- I just returned from a trip to Orlando with Marcela to celebrate our third anniversary. We had a great time!
- Three years ago on June 11, I made Marcela the happiest woman in the world. Then June 12 rolled around. 🙂
- On the second week of our honeymoon in June 2005, we went to Orlando to the Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. We have gone each Summer since then since she gets free teacher tickets, plus one trip during Halloween.
- This week we went to Universal again (our 4th trip since we were married) on our anniversary day, and the day before that we went to Sea World.
- Marcela just went crazy getting to feed the stingrays and getting to pet/feed the dolphins.
- We went all over town, visited Marcela’s old school in Kissimmee where she taught High School Spanish.
- As we were leaving Universal, a serious storm hit the park with 30+ MPH winds and lightning and hail. When the lightning struck, Marcela took off running and I didn’t catch her until we were to the car. Apparently she has a history of self-preservation. Ask her about it when you see her.
- The highlights of the trip were: seeing the new Simpson’s ride, yours truly scoring 508,000 on Men In Black (my all time high score), The Incredible Hulk, Spiderman, Dueling Dragons, feeding and petting dolphins, feeding stingrays, the penguin encounter, shark encounter, and The Kraken.
- The Kraken was a great ride which rivals Kumba at Tampa’s Busch Gardens, but not quite with Montu or Dueling Dragons.
- We had a crazy trip back with some nasty weather and plenty of wildlife.
- I will have more thoughts this weekend when I have more time to blog. Sorry for such a rushed version of my weekly thoughts, but I have to sleep! 🙂
Tag Archives: storm
We had it all planned out. We would see the Blue Horizons Dolphin Show, then ride the Kraken, then see Shamu, then the sharks, and then this that and the other. Unfortunately, we found out you should be in the seats about 30 or more minutes early to see the shows or they reach capacity. So we did get to see the Dolphin shown the penguin and shark encountersn Marcela fed the stingrays and the Dolphins, we saw the polar bears, baluga whales, and walruses, and we rode the Kraken twice. Then it starts storming bigtime and we found our plans to take as little into the park as we needed was a bad plan. Our ponchos are in the car!
The Shamu show is cancelled (boooo!) and we are sitting in the floor of the deli trying to wait out the storm with a few hundred others. The dolphin show was a blast and much better than Seaquarium. We got to see almost everything we wanted except Shamu, but I sure wish it would stop raining.